Thursday, March 17, 2011

ERIN GO BRA-LESS!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

When I was a wee lass, I lived in Letterkenny, Ireland. My Dad's company sent him there, so Mom and I went, too. We set up house in Letterkenny and traveled all over Europe. They were filming National Lampoon's European Vacation when we were at the Eiffel Tower and we got a script. Chevy Chase thought I was super cute! Duh! I was very young, so I don't remember a lot. Specific memories include, things being green, sheep, picking up a rock at a castle, and getting sick. And I have snapshot memories of having a birthday party over there with all my Irish friends and getting a Bosco the Clown. As I was very young, I also picked up a bit of a brogue that quickly turned southern drawl upon returning to the states. I would be at least 38% more awesome if I still rocked the Lucky Charms accent. Bummer.

I will make it back one day. I mean, come on, Erin McCirish! It's so beautiful. And true to memory, green.

And this time I will be old enough to drink at ye olde pub. Well, legally.

Wear Green!!

No comments:

Post a Comment